2009/05/21

DAY4: THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT: BUNNY CHOW AND A TATTOO, ANYONE?


Watching my boxes stacked up in the living room, laughing at me, taunting me with the fact that they won't be unpacked for another 30 days, I go into panic mode and decide that a walk around my new neighbourhood would probably do me some good. I soon find a corner cafe and buy my first official Durban Bunny Chow and have my first conversation with a real Indian person. As I'm paying for my Bunny, I notice a tattoo parlour across the road. Without really thinking, I cross the road Bunny in hand, and demand a tattoo. Twenty minutes later I walk out with another star on my wrist, a bravery badge to mark new beginnings, change and hopefully some growth. I feel a lot better and trek home to unpack my clothes, make my bed and shuffle it around my new bedroom.


This is The House That Nearly Was. I have utilised my AWESOME Photoshopping abilities to add in some furniture and stuff to make it feel more homely because neither Kak Van Rooyen or I really own anything.







No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa

weirdos