2009/07/14

DAY 67: PROJECT FACE LIFT

I have just won the 110% Award at TBWA. This means that I won absolutely nothing except a pat on the back and a smidgen of god-damn respect. Which is OK, I guess but a new car with brakes that work or a Shetland pony dressed up as a Scottish Highlander would have been cool too. So what is the 110% Award? Well, it's a Global TBWA initiative whereby anyone in the agency (creative,suits, strategy, IT irits etc) can submit any idea they believe is cool, out-the-box and 'disruptive' for any of our clients. The best work is then chosen, and the entire agency gets summoned to view all the work in this weird, scary auditorium that we have in the agency, where the winner is then  announced. Being the winner means that my idea then goes into production (if client agrees). Great. Happy days, right? NO. WRONG. FAIL. The problem is that I am about 75% sure that my idea is not going to be able to be pulled off...how should I put this...legally. Unless I shag the Chief Councillor Sultan King of Bronze Statues in South Africa, or Jacob Zuma. Which I am about 85% unwilling to do (the other 15% is if CCSKBSSA is in fact also a sexy Scottish-French wine farmer and has a chameleon rehabilitation centre). Anyway, I'm rambling. Here's a crudely Photoshopped interpretation of the idea...and then we'll get to the part where I need you to help me break the law:

If the council doesn't give me permission, I'm going to be needing volunteer 'statue face polishers' from around the country to help make Project Face Lift a reality. That means you. I will provide your team with ninja suits, ropes, a couple of tins of Brasso and indemnity forms (releasing me from any responsibility in case of injury, death, arrest, or a sudden allergic reaction to Brasso)...Any takers? Seriously. If you're crazy, or bored, or have a fetish for extreme polishing email me at indigoconcepts@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh. Nasty, but at least I'm finally getting some blog action. If anyone can show me a campaign for a mens revitalising face cream that involves polishing tired, old male statue's faces, then I'd be most greatful. I honestly wouldn't have posted this if I thought it was a rip-off. I appologise, Anonymous if you feel I have stolen your idea. I have deleted your comments because they make my blog look ugly. And I'm all about The Pretty Blog.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa

weirdos